The Lambourne End Centre for Outdoor Learning has been used as a place for young people to enjoy outdoor activities since 1930. Back then the site was a working farm called "Young’s Farm". Members of a boys club called "Fairbairn Hall and the Mansfield Settlement Boys’ Clubs" in Newham began to visit the farm for weekend camps from Easter until the end of September. The farm was demolished in about 1935 and some of the buildings converted into recreation rooms for the Boys’ Clubs. The Lady Trower Trust bought the farm in 1936 and they added a swimming pool to the facilities. The site also provided a base for cross country running and additional space for rugby and cricket pitches. In 1985 The Mansfield Settlement was given a 21 year licence to use and manage the facilities at Lambourne End Centre. At around the same time, the original farm buildings were altered to provide a 36-bed residential centre and they began fundraising to recruit staff to run it. Environmental activities were introduced in the autumn of 1987 and in 1994 Mansfield Settlement became the sole corporate Trustee of the site, later merging with Aston to create Aston-Mansfield. In July 2004 Aston-Mansfield teamed up with 3 YMCAs: Forest, City and Hornsey to form the charitable company ‘Lambourne End Ltd’ who are now responsible for running the Lambourne End Centre operations.
Lambourne End Ltd, The Lambourne End Centre, Manor Road, Lambourne End, Essex RM4 1NB Tel: 020 8500 3047 Fax: 020 8559 8481 Charity No. 1105063
© Lambourne End Centre for Outdoor Learning. All material on this site is the property of Lambourne End Centre for Outdoor Learning and should not be used without permission.